Auburn is working on the 2nd Hand!

Auburn is working on the 2nd Hand!
War Eagle!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Holidays Are Coming! The Holidays Are Coming!

Ok it's official. The turkey carcass has been hauled off by the city, but not before being picked so completely cleaned by by brother and husband that even the dogs didn't know what to do with it. Thanksgiving was truly a time in our home for giving thanks. There were 21 of us at dinner in the dining room-albeit at 3 tables. We had extended family, I met Crawford's cousin and his daughter, friends and it was a blast. After a generous meal to which everyone contributed, everyone in attendance signed a box of Christmas cards to put in the basket here at the shop. These are the cards that will be sent to Our American Heroes recovering at Walter Reed Hospital during the holidays. How blessed are we?
Paula is bringing some cards in and Crawford is donating some for the cause too. The more the better-we are hoping to send quite a box full of them to the hospital. In fact I am hoping to recruit a Marine or helicopter pilot I know to help out a bit. It's good to know folks, huh?

Our Toys for Tots toy drive is going quite well-we donated more than a dozen Christmas stockings and one wall hanging to be used to decorate their booth in the mall and to be sold (with the proceeds going to TFT).

I hear the distant sounds of tin soldiers and nutcrackers marching our way...I think they are getting closer....my shopping has not begun! I have started my sewing though. I guess everyone is getting handmade for the holidays.

No comments:

T Shirt Quilt

T Shirt Quilt
This was a huge quilt! commissioned by a client for her daughter for Christmas. Ho Ho Ho